Sunday, September 15, 2013

Preserving the Bounty

This weekend has been spent gathering and preserving the harvest, or at least some of it.  As a child, I spent many weekends this time of year gather the fruits and vegetables of the garden, then getting them ready for my mom to work her magic on.  She canned, boiled, froze, and otherwise processed a years worth of gardening to create what would be our family's idea of "fast food."  Pull it out of the pantry, put it in the pan, heat it up and presto, dinner.  I am now learning the rest of the process.  No wonder she was so tired by the end of the weekend! 

I still have peppercinis to put up though, and would love to have a good recipe for canning them.  If anyone has a great tried and true recipe, please send it my direction.  It needs to be something that can be done in a weekend though. 

Many Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment