Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Making a commitment - Week 1

When it comes to making changes, the first few weeks are the easiest as the effort is at the forefront of my mind.  However, as the weeks roll on, we will see if I can keep the momentum going.

Week one is done and I made it to the gym twice and did over 10 hours of yard work at home, on top of my "normal" workload.  We ate out twice this past week and I was able to keep my self control and select only "healthy" choices, in part thanks to the calorie count listed right on the menu and choosing water to drink.  I weighed in at 314 on Monday, so I am feeling pretty positive.  I have to keep reminding myself that I didn't put the weight on over night, so I should not expect to take it off that way either.  The jump-start feels good all the same.

I am working on coming up with easier ways to make nutritious meals in my limited time so that I don't feel so compelled to eat out for convenience.  With the start of my daughter's swimming lessons, it will also be easier to make it to the gym at least 3 times a week as well.  Changing all the habits that contribute to my lifestyle is difficult, to say the least, as most of these habits started in childhood.

Forging ahead bravely!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment