Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Making a commitment - Week 2

The proverbial wagon is rolling along, hitting the bumps and potholes along the way.  I came in at 310 this week, but it wasn't without its struggles.  I made it to the gym and did yoga twice this week.  I went out a couple of times this week for lunch, but managed to order light and take half of it home for leftovers.  Being a member of the "clean plate club" is a tough row to hoe and a hard habit to break, but with a great deal of effort I am making it.

Part of making a commitment to myself is making sure I take time for pleasure as well.  One of my pleasures is learning new things and for Christmas I got a gift certificate to a glass blowing class.  Making art in any medium is another one of my many pleasures, so this was right up my alley.  I made a beautiful hummingbird feeder at Tacoma Glassworks and had a great time doing it.  I do plan to take my and my partner's daughter there for a class as well.  I think the girls would enjoy it very much.

Weather permitting, I am hoping to do a little work out in the gardens to prep them for the coming spring.  Pulling all the weeds that thrive during the cold months is good for the shoulders too.  My fruit trees should be arriving next month as well, so I need to get the ground ready to receive them too.  So much to do before spring is upon us.

Another week down and still trucking along......

No comments:

Post a Comment